The 4S or 3S indicator draws a Code33 matrix on the chart. It can load instrument lists into the AT and filter existing instrument lists.
The percentage change is shown in the matrix, the percentage change of the last 4 quarters is shown on the left. The acceleration (right) counts a consecutive increase, this value is used for the condition of the return values. If a change was negative, the counter is reset to 1. The individual acceleration fields are arranged in the same order as the percentage changes.
Changes can be set, and can be calculated as QoQ or as YoY changes.
In some cases it might happen that the server has not yet reloaded the earnings, but the earnings date has already been exceeded. This should only happen in exceptional cases and can be recognised by the fact that the margin in the first line is 0 and all other values are -100%. This happens especially when earnings dates are moved shortly before the actual earning.
Any instrument list can be filled with instruments that fulfil the (QoQ or YoY) Code33 condition, the list is first cleared, then all instruments that fulfil the Code33 conditions are loaded from the indicator and transferred to the AT. For this, the indicator must be placed in the chart.
Filling an instrument list with shares that meet Code33 QoQ
Decisive for the filling process is only the setting Calculation Type and the specification of an Instrument List.
Make sure that no 2 indicators fill the same list - this can lead to unwanted behaviour, as the indicator cleans the list to be filled beforehand.
The 4S indicator can filter an existing instrument list, in the example the previously loaded QoQ list by the YoY Code33 condition to obtain a list that fulfils both the QoQ and YoY Code33 conditions. It is also possible, for example, to filter the already existing S&P 500 list according to a Code33 condition. The indicator filters depending on which Calculation Type has been set. To do this, the indicator must be placed in the scanner.
Filtering the QoQ list to get a list that fulfils YoY & QoQ
Decisive for the filtering process is only the setting Calculation Type and the specification of an Instrument List.
Filtering adds or removes an instrument from a list depending on whether it meets the condition - it is best to filter into an empty list to get only instruments that actually meet the condition.
- Background Intensity [0-255]: How intense the set colors are
- Background Color [Color]: Background of the table (Default Gray)
- Negative Color [Color]: Background of a negative cell (Default Coral)
- Positive Color [Color]: Background of a positive cell (Default Lime Green)
- Text Color [Color]: Color of the text (Default Dark Slate Gray)
- Calculation Type [QoQ, YoY]: If the increase is to be calculated as QoQ or YoY, and if the list is to be filled with values that fulfil the condition from the introduction for QoQ or YoY increases, respectively
YoY is calculated on a quarterly basis i.e. the increase between quarters, one year apart.
- Instrument List [Name]: The set list is emptied and then filled if no list is set - the setting is ignored.
If the indicator is in the chart, the set list will be cleared and then filled, if the indicator is in the scanner, only symbols that do not meet the condition will be removed from the set list, and if the condition is met, they will be added to the set list.
- Api Key [Key]: Is empty if no api key has been set yet, if the api key has already been set in at least one indicator, all others adopt this key.
- 3S [true, false]: true if the condition EPS Acceleration >= 3, Margin Acceleration >= 3 and Sales Acceleration >= 2 is fulfilled, false otherwise.
- 4S [true, false]: true if the condition EPS Acceleration >= 3, Margin Acceleration >= 3, Income Acceleration >= 2 and Sales Acceleration >= 2 is fulfilled, false otherwise.
- EPS Accel [value]: returns the current EPS Acceleration (in the example image 1)
- Sales Accel [value]: returns the current Sales Acceleration (in example image 2)
- Margin Accel [value]: returns the current Margin Acceleration (in the example image 0)
- Income Accel [value]: returns the current Income Acceleration (in the example image 0)
Return values depend on the set claculation type.